- Your reading response book will be used to take notes in class and respond to
independent reading and read alouds.
- You will be required to respond 2 times in your response book for homework every week.
- Most of your responses will be based on the topics from mini-lessons taught that week.
- Occasionally, you will be given a chance to choose how you would like to respond.
- Your responses will be checked each week to make sure you are writing them.
- You will recieve 50 points for each completed response for a total off 100 points for the week.
*This will be a homework "HAND IN" grade. It will only reflects on whether or not it is complete.
*THIS GRADE DOES NOT REFLECT THE CONTENT OF YOUR RESPONSE!
- Every other week, I will be collecting your response book to assess the content of your writing.
- You will then recieve ANOTHER grade for the content of your response.
- Your grade will be based on the reading response rubric covered in class.
- The week I collect your book, you will not have to do responses since you do not have your book.
- EVERY PAGE MUST BE TITLED according to the procedure taught in class!
- Points WILL BE DEDUCTED for pages not titled
- Your responses should reflect the beginning, middle, and end of your book.
- By the time you finish your book, you will have written about all of the major events from the beginning to the end.
- You MAY NOT stop reading one book in the middle and begin another! You will lose points in your responses!!!!!