Jennifer L. Pitts
14013 Rutgers Ave.Orlando, FL 32826
To acquire a teaching position at an established school that will utilize my classroom management skills, ethics, passion, and enthusiasm for learning within the standards set by the state.Education
Florida Department of Education Teacher Certificate DOE Number: 1113652
Masters in Teacher Leadership in Education
In progress University of Central Florida Orlando, FloridaBachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education2004 – 2008 University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida
· ESOL Certification
· Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program 2003 – 2008
· Deans List 2005, 2007, 2008Certificate in American Sign Language AED/CPR certified
Spring 2009 Space Coast Heart Savers Satellite Beach, FloridaExperienceSubstitute Teacher, Spring 2009
Douglas Stenstrom Elementary, Oviedo, FL
Private Tutor, Spring 2009
- Correlates instruction based on child’s needs from teacher input and IEP results.
- Reviews phonics and phonemic awareness concepts with child.
Wayside Church, Oviedo, Fl
Supervising Teacher – Carol Thomas
- Instructed and managed a class with ranging numbers and age groups (K through 3rd grade).
- Correlates curriculum and instruction to meaningful messages.
- Provides creative activities to encourage stimulation.
· Instructed and managed a class of 20 students from various multicultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
· Infused technology into classroom.
· Utilized portfolios standardized testing, and benchmarks to assess children’s developmental level.
· Provided ESOL accommodations to children that qualify for ESOL.
· Created hands on activities that integrate Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, and Social Studies.
· Created a positive discipline plan and behavior management in the classroom.
· Experienced with Walk to Intervention and planning instruction for student participation.
· Provided accommodations for children with Individual Education Plans (IEP) and Progress Monitoring Plans (PMP).
· Collaborated with members of 2nd grade team of six teachers.Junior Intern Teacher, Spring 2008Union Park Elementary, Orlando, FLSupervising Teachers – Gwynn Sutterby and Kimberly Klein
Kindergarten and Third Grade
· Provided associated activities that related to curriculum.
· Worked with ESOL students.
· Created hands on science activities.
· Chaperoned field trips.
· Oversaw Morning Meetings.
· Assisted with Florida Comprehension Assessment Test (FCAT) preparations.Classroom Aid, Spring 2007Bonnieville Elementary, Orlando, FL
· Help provide routine structure for the children.
· Provided a positive learning environment.
· Used accommodations to alter activities to meet each child’s needs.
· Continued to monitor growth in individuals.
· Used kinesthetic, visuals, and auditory components to meet children’s learning abilities.Relevant Activities and Special Interests
Target Corp. - Supervisor Waterford Lakes, Orlando, FL 32826 April 2004-December 2008
- Supervised 120 cashiers, completed reviews, schedules, and development plans.
- Handled guests and team members concerns, complaints, and issues.
Work with children at the events, reading or instructing in special activities and art projects. Charities include:
· Read Across America, Ronald McDonald House, Autism, and Habitat for Humanity.
Attended various Happy Hour workshops sponsored by UCF to inspire different approaches and new activities to use with the children in the classrooms to invoke learning.References
Senior Internship Supervising Teacher
Jennifer Ellis (407) 927 – 7588
Supervising Sunday school Teacher
Carol Thomas (407) 761 - 3042
Ann Mowery (407) 765 - 7156