Chapter 6 Outline and Links
**Nearly all these topics can also be found by searching at: https://www.khanacademy.org/math.
- What is the antiderivative of a function? What is the notation for antiderivative? What is this notation called?
- What is the Power Rule for antiderivatives?
- What is the Exponential Rule for antiderivatives?
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65K51oMesNk (only first 3 examples)
- What is the Log Rule for antiderivatives?
- The Sum and Constant Multiple properties of integrals will be covered in class.
6.2 The Definite Integral and Net Change of a Function
- How is a definite integral different than an indefinite integral? How is a definite integral evaluated?
- Be familiar with the properties of definite integrals.
- How is the net change of a function related to the definite integral?
6.3 The Definite Integral and Area under a Graph
- What is a Riemann Sum and how is it used to approximate the area under a curve?
- How is the exact area under a curve found?
6.4 Areas in the xy-Plane
- How is the area between two curves calculated?
- Areas in applications will be covered in class.