Technology / Online Resources
Creating Online Games / Review / Quizzes / Exams
5. Purposegames.com -- great for diagrams, maps, review, online quizzes and games.
Online Tools for Use in the Classroom
1. Random Name Generator -- Use to stop cold questioning in the classroom
- To get a list of your student name:
- Go to your Illuminate account and choose your class from your "Class Roster" on the dashboard
- Select the excel button to bring your class up as an excel document
- Click the enable editing button at the top
- Select and highlight the names in column B and C, right click and copy highlighted names
- Go to Random Name Generator website and select 'change names"
- Delete names in generator
- Right click and select 'paste' to enter copied names into the list
- Hit "Go!" and your class names will start spinning
2. Random Card Shuffler -- Use playing cards to set up group activities, assign group jobs and use the shuffler to randomly call on students during activity
- Hand out cards at the beginning of the class -- use them to create groups (aces, twos, threes, etc)
- If you only want groups of two or three, take out a suit or two
- You can now set up the Random Card Puller to select only the cards and suits you handed out to students
- Ask a question to entire class and use the random card puller to choose a card. That is the student who will answer the question.
- Use a Joker in the random card puller to open up a 'free for all' question that students can answer for a prize.
3. Online Stopwatches and Timers -- Good to use for timed projects in class for class to see while working
4. Remind.com -- Great tool for teachers to use to send out reminders to your students/athletes/colleagues about upcoming assignments/quizzes/exams/projects and/or events
- Getting Started
- Letter for Parents
- Back To School and 5 Easy Ways to Get Started
- Top 10 Ways to Use Remind
5. Prezi.com -- great tool for building and using online presentations for your class
- Directions (Thanks to the Blue Valley Schools for providing such great instructions)
6. Create a SubPlan from the online Generator -- quick and easy way to make subplans and generate a printable copy
7. Polleverywhere.com -- This is great for bellwork, ticket to leave quick questioning & learning scales. You are able to create polls that are multiple choice or open ended.
8. Puzzlemaker -- make your own online crossword you can save and print
9. The Teacher's Corner -- able to make crosswords, word searches and worksheets online that you are able to save and print
10. Kahoot! Game based blended learning and classroom response system
11. Quizlet -- Flash cards, exams, review and study games
- Great Online Dictionary Site
13. Wing Clips
- Great site to find quick movie clips to use for your classrroom presentations
- Lucas from ASTG shared this with us!!!!
- Great site to create a page to store all of your favorite links