My name is Ms. Tracy Morris and I will be your student's English Language Arts teacher for this school year.
* I obtained my Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
* I obtained my Teaching Credential and Master of Arts in Teaching degree from the University of Phoenix
* I enjoy reading, walking, and spending time with my family
INFORMATION & THINGS TO KNOW
SOME CLASSROOM RULES, PROCEDURES, GUIDELINES, AND CONSEQUENCES
- Respect and listen to the teacher and each other,
- Be on time and prepared,
- Take care of our equipment,
- Beginning, and end, of class
- Enter the room politely, put up backpack/coat and begin Daily Language Reading (DLR) posted on the board
- Clean desk and put Chromebook away appropriately and the end of class
- Participate in group discussions and ask for help with assignments if needed
- Hand in finished work in the appropriate basket with your name, class period, and date written on the top right hand corner
- Late to class - requires tardy slip from office and student will lose DLR points
- Does not bring/complete homework on due date - student loses ten points on homework assignment and must be signed by parent
- Sloppy/Incomplete work - student will be required to rewrite their assignment and complete missing portion
WORKING WITH STUDENTS AND PARENTS
- I am availabe to work with students and/or parents. Please see "Contact Me" page.
- Back-to-school night is Wednesday, August 23, 2019. I will send a note home with your student the week before with more information.
- ClassDojo is a great way for parents to keep up-to-date with my classroom and their student. If you didn't receive the letter in which you can request access, please let me know.
- I will send home a "what to expect" letter once your parent-teacher conference has been scheduled,
- I will have your student complete a self-evaluation "grade" and have it for review at our conference,
- I am available any time outside of the scheduled parent-teacher conference if you need to meet with me.
- I utilize ClassDojo (https://static.classdojo.com/docs/TeacherResources/ParentLetter/ParentLetter-EnglishSpanish.pdf) to be proactive in working with students and parents and also to keep parents up-to-date with:
- Sharing photos, videos, and announcements on Class Story, or privately message with any parent (Parents easily join your class using any device and translation into over 30 languages is available),
- Tracking positive and negative behaviors that parents can access 24/7,
- Our school administration can assist with community resources to support students beyond the classroom
- Contact me and/or Suzie Q. Principal for more information.