Week 1: Stoichiometry Warm Up!
Watch the following video and take notes as best as you can!
Here is a mole map for extra help!
After completing the video answer the following questions:
2 Na(NO3) + Ca(CO3) à Na2(CO3) + Ca(NO3)2
- How many formula units of sodium nitrate will react with 25.5 g of calcium carbonate to product sodium carbonate and calcium nitrate according to the following reaction? (3 sig figs!)
2 H2O à 2 H2 + O2
2. What volume of oxygen is produced at STP when 3.4 x 1024 molecules of water is decomposed according to the following reaction? (2 sig figs!)
6 K + N2 à 2 K3N
3. How many liters of nitrogen gas are needed to react with 70 g of potassium at STP in order to produce potassium nitride according to the following reaction? (1 sig figs!)
_____ Al(OH)3 à _____ Al2O3 + _____ H2O
4. What mass of aluminum hydroxide are needed to decompose in order to produce 83.0 L of water at STP according to the following equation? (3 sig figs!)
_____ C3H8 + _____ O2 à _____ H2O + _____CO2
5. How many liters of propane(C3H8) are needed to react with 17.9 liters of oxygen at STP in order to produce water and carbon dioxide? (3 sig figs!)
- How many grams of potassium chloride are produced when 1.39 x 1023 molecules of NaCl reacts with pottasium according to the following equation? (3 sig figs!) ( Hint: Single displacement reaction!)