- Tie back long hair.
- Remove dangling jewelry.
- Do not wear loose, billowy clothing.
- Wear closed-toed shoes; sandals don’t protect your feet.
- Read all directions for an experiment several times. Listen carefully during the pre-lab. Ask questions if you do not understand any part of the experiment. Follow the directions exactly as they are written.
- Make sure the work area has been cleared of purses, books, jackets, etc.
- Before starting the lab, be aware of all safety precautions and know the location of all safety equipment.
- Do not speak loudly or engage in horseplay in the laboratory.
- Never eat or drink in the laboratory.
Never perform activities that are not authorized by your teacher.
Do not handle any equipment unless you have permission.W
Wear safety goggles, lab aprons, and protective gloves when required.
Take extreme care not to spill or break any material in the laboratory.
- Follow your teacher’s instructions for proper disposal of chemicals; do not pour anything down the drain unless instructed to do so.
- Do not work alone in the lab.
- Report all accidents to your teacher immediately.
- Clean up your work area and return all equipment to its proper place.
- Wash your hands after every experiment.
- Enter classroom, get journal from class bin, sharpen pencils, lay homework on corner of table, complete journal/bell-ringer activity.
- Discuss bell-ringer and daily assignments.
- Daily learning.
- Lab or Classwork.
- Closure or exit ticket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Make-up Policy: IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND OUT WHAT MAKEUP WORK IS TO BE DONE. If you have an excused absence, you will be allowed up to 3 days to make up work missed. Make up work must be done after or before school, NOT during class.