Student Name (first and last): _____________________________
Science Policies:SCIENCE CLASS SAFETY AGREEMENT: Safety is a concern for the students' well-being, health, and life and
requires full cooperation and participation of all students. The teacher may remove students from the science activity area
if the prescribed safety rules for the particular science activity being conducted are not followed.
The guidelines are:
1. Tie back long hair.
2. Remove dangling jewelry.
3. Do not wear loose, billowy clothing.
4. Wear closed-toed shoes; sandals don’t protect your feet.
1. Read all directions for an experiment several times. Listen carefully during the pre-lab. Ask
questions if you do not understand any part of the experiment. Follow the directions exactly
as they are written.
2. Make sure the work area has been cleared of purses, books, jackets, etc.
3. Before starting the lab, be aware of all safety precautions and know the location of all safety
4. Do not speak loudly or engage in horseplay in the laboratory.
5. Never eat or drink in the laboratory.
Safety During the Laboratory Lesson
1. Never perform activities that are not authorized by your teacher.
2. Do not handle any equipment unless you have permission.
3. Wear safety goggles, lab aprons, and protective gloves when required.
4. Take extreme care not to spill or break any material in the laboratory.
1. Follow your teacher’s instructions for proper disposal of chemicals; do not pour anything down
the drain unless instructed to do so.
2. Do not work alone in the lab.
3. Report all accidents to your teacher immediately.
1. Clean up your work area and return all equipment to its proper place.
2. Wash your hands after every experiment.
I, _______________________________________________, have read all the rules and I understand what is meant as dStudent Name (Print) discussed by the teacher.
I, _______________________________________________, have read all the rules. I have discussed them with myParent or Guardian (Print) child and feel that my child understands what they mean
and the consequences for removal from class.
All students MUST wear safety goggles where specified by the teacher to prevent eye accidents.
By signing, I agree that I have received, read, and understand the policies for science, and that it is the responsibility of the student and
parent(s) to keep track of assignments, including missing assignments, and course grade via the online grade book.
Student Signature: _________________________________
Parent Signature: _________________________________
The information below is kept confidential and is only shared with sixth grade teachers and school administration.
Parent(s) Names (first and last): _____________________________________
Parent(s) primary email: _____________________________________
Parent(s) primary contact number: _____________________________________
(include area code)
Student lives with: Mom / Dad / Both / Other: _______________
Food Allergies: _____________________________________