Now that you have been assigned a President you may begin using the following websites and answering the questions below.
- What was his date of birth, date of death, and cause of death?
- Was he married? Did he have children? What was his relationship with them like?
- What political Party did he belong to?
- How did he become involved in politics? (Hint: Look at past jobs, education, family history in politics)
- What were two significant events during his Presidency? One should be a policy he proposed that succeeded or failed. (Hint: Look at bills passed and defeated, did he win re-election and why or why not. Historical events such as wars, economic issues, etc.)
- Identify one of his accomplishments as President.
- Using the research material evaluate his Presidency. Back up your evaluation with facts.
(Hint: What were the long term results of his decisions or policies?