What we're working on in the classroom:
- We are discovering pitches in a melody may repeat
- We are singing the "Hokey Pokey" and other songs that have beginnings and endings and moving to them to show the different parts of a song
- We are singing spooky songs for fall and finding the ending and similar melodies
- We are identifying that music has a tempo of fast or slow.
- We are using our bodies to dramatize a musical story, the "Old Gray Cat"
- We are galloping long and short steps to "See The Pony Galloping" and changing our steps with the tempo.
- We are creating a four beat body percussion with friends to accompany a familiar song.
- We are recognizing that music has dynamics, either loud or soft.
- We are recognizing and repeating patterns that are the same against those that are different.
- We are changing dynamics in a song from loud to soft.
- We are exploring Orff instruments and identifying 'mi re do' on those instruments.
- We are drawing the number of lines and spaces on a musical staff and placing notes in those spaces.
- We are identifying the pattern 'mi re do' in a song and placing it on a musical staff.
- We are listening to music in Zulu and finding the phrases the music expresses
- We are playing percussion ostinatos along to a song in ABA form.
Fifth Grade/Sixth Grade
- We are working to memorize our lines to Scene 1 of "ANNIE: JR."
- We are working amongst our crews to collaborate ideas for the production of a wonderful musical.
- We are identifying three part harmonies and staccato phrasing in "Maybe" and "Hard-Knock Life"