What we're working on in the classroom:
- We are talking about the beginning and ending of a song.
- We are singing the "Hokey Pokey" and other songs that have beginnings and endings and moving to them to show the different parts of a song
- We are talking about a steady beat in a song.
- We are walking and comparing fast and slow beats to everyday movement and songs.
- We are using our bodies to identify different beats in fun songs, such as "I Know An Old Lady".
- We are exploring beat and identifying the building blocks of music: notes!
- We are identifying equal beats as quarter notes in a game song.
- We are comparing beat patterns and quarter note rhythms in music with games and everyday activities
- We are jumping to the beat with hand patterns to show faster and slower steady beats.
- We are creating our own beat patterns with quarter and eighth notes to show different tempos in music.
- We are playing a steady beat on percussion instruments and bells underneath music to accompany a beat.