Your child will be receiving these grades on some papers and his/her progress report. The letters stand for the following:
E - Excellent
V - Very Good
S - Satisfactory
N - Needs Improvement
U - Unsatisfactory
First graders will receive report cards in November, February, and June.
You can help us by:
* getting your child to school on time daily.
* checking and initialing your child's Agenda and going through the take-home folder and returning both to school daily.
* not allowing your child to bring to school any toys, trading cards, candy, ball-point pens, pencil sharpeners, or purses.
* having your child wear sneakers everyday to Physical Education.
* filling out necessary paperwork so that you can volunteer/or drive on field trips. This process may take up to 2-3 weeks. Please do this by the end of August so you are cleared for the first field trip.
* helping your child remember to return homework by Friday each week.
If you have a question or concern about your child, feel free to contact your child's teacher.
- Weekly packets will be sent home every Friday and due the following Friday.
- Late homework will be due on the Monday after the Friday is was due.
First graders are expected to do homework weekly. Its main purpose is to give the children responsibility to complete and return it on time.