Websites that help increase your knowledge about the variety of Science topics we will cover this year!
Science News for Kids - site with Science news written for kids
National Geographic - Young Explorer - Magazines designed for children (with the option to have words read out-loud).
Kid Friendy Search - a website offering a plethora of links, allowing students to explore the many different sciences.
- Defenders of Wildlife - a site that lets you browse through animal factsheets alphabetically or by region. It also addresses several concerns regarding conservation and climate change.
- A-Z Animals - an online animal encyclopedia that lays out information using kid-friendly language in an easy-to-read layout.
- National Geographic Kids - an online database that allows you to browse through animals by habitat or category (ie: amphibians, birds, mammals..etc.)
- Discovery Kids - Animals - a small website that reviews some questions students may have about different classes of animals.
- Animal Bytes - from the San Diego Zoo, a website that allows you to look up animal information by category, habitat or location.
- Zoobooks - a directory that offers short informational paragraphs about select animals.
Small Crawling and Flying Animals
- Blackgold - a directory that offers links to various websites covering insects and the like. The last link in particular offers many national geographic videos.
- Butterflies - a website all about butterflies!
- Pests - online resource all about insect-y pests.
- Going Bug-gy - a collection of insect activities and bug resources from Scholastic.
- All About Insects - an interactive slideshow all about what makes an insect an insect.