Hey Guys! Hope you had a great first day back to school. It was wonderful meeting you!
Homework #1 - Due Monday September 13th
- Complete- Using the face glyph rules you have copied down into your notebook, create your face glyph on a piece of white paper. Decorate using markers and crayons. Print your name on the bottom of the paper in large letters. **Remember your face glyph should NOT look like you.
- In your notebook write two to three sentences using the following prompt: When I hear the word math it makes me feel __________________ because ___________________.
- Bring in supplies, tear-off contract and emergency form by Monday September 13th.
Homework #2- Due Tuesday September 14th
- Draw ten polygons and ten not polygons in your foldable.
- Bring in all supplies (copy paper added to list)
- Bring in emergency form and class rules/policy signed (if it was handed out)
You MUST bring an independant reading book everyday!
- Finish coloring glyph / fix your sentences from homework #1
Homework #3- Due Wed September 15th
- Bring all supplies in! (copy paper added to list)
- Class policy tear-off and emergency form tear-off!
Homework #4- Due Thurs September 16th
Identify at least 3 objects in your house that are equal to or contain the benchmark angles (90 degrers, 180 degrees, 360 degrees) *you should have at least 9 items listed- 3 for each benchmark)
Homework #5- Due Friday September 17th
- Symmetry worsheet
Homework #6- Due Monday September 20th
- Have a nice weekend
- Blue Cards
- Book order due Sept. 24th(Friday)
Homework #7- Due Tuesday September 21st
- Complete your pocket polygon book. At the top where the property is (word) list the definition of the word. Then draw At LEAST 3 polygons that match the property. You may draw more. Make sure you use a straightedge.
- Quiz Wed or Thurs
Homework #8- Due Wednesday September 22nd
- Add the following words and definitions into your vocabulary folder. Use the order given, 1)Polygon 2)Vertex 3)Angle 4) Ray 5) Regular Polygon 6) Concave 7)Line symmetry
- Quiz on Thursday
- Extra- Credit Using the two ways we learned how to determine the amount of degrees in a polygon (Drawing and formula), find out how many degrees are in a nonagon.
Homework #9- for Thurs.Sept 23rd
- Study for your quiz tommorrow. if you have any questions bring them in.
- Book order due Friday the 24th of Sept.
- Pta meeting tom (Thurs 23rd of Sept) at 7:00pm
- Pocket polygon book signed on each post-it and near the grade on the back, due tommorrow the 23rd of Sept.
Homework #10-Due Friday Sept 24
- Angles sheet- write obtuse, acute, right, straight
Homework #11- EXTRA CREDIT Due monday sept 27
On looseleaf answer in a paragraph- When you measure an angle with a protractor, how do you know which scale to use. Explain. then draw and label an acute angle, obtuse angle and a right angle
Homework #12- Due Tuesday Sept 28th
- Complete the vertical angle worksheet
- Bring back quizzes signed
- Extra Credit- On looseleaf draw a reflex angle that measures 210 and one that measures 195. Then draw intesecting lines and find out all of the degree measures of the angles.
Homework#13- Due Wed. Sept 29th
- Perimeter worksheet
- Bring back polygon quizzes signed
Homework#14- Due Friday Oct 1st
- Start your dream house project, it is due Friday!
Homework #15- Due Monday Oct 4th
- Circumference Sheet
- Fill in review flip book for chapter one
- Chapter one test Tuesday October 5th
- Chapter One Test Tommorrow- October 5th
- Ratios to fractions sheet!
Improper fractions and Mixed Numbers Sheet
Homework #20- Extra Credit
Using you individual totals from todays M n M lesson, create a bar graph on graph paper. Make sure to include a title, label axes, make a scale, leave appropriate spaces between bars and graph all data!Homework#21- Find three equivalent fractions for each (in your notebook)
Homework #22-Due Oct 14th Questions #1-9(lowest terms0 and 28-33(comparing fractions) on worksheet
Homework#23- Due Oct 15th Pretend that you are making a math quiz on fractions. Come up with 2 questions for each topic that will be on the quiz.(equivalent fractions, lowest terms, mixed number to improper fractions, improper fractions to mixed numbers, comparing fractions.)
STUDY FOR QUIZ TOMMORROW ON FRACTIONS!!!
Homework #24- Due Oct. 18th- Finish Name fraction Fun Project, make sure it is complete, correct and decorated
Homework #25- Due oct 19th- Finish name Fraction Project, Skills Practice page 5 #1-12
Homework #26- Due october 20th- Skills Practice # 13-26, Get Fraction Quiz Signed
Homework #27- Due Oct 21st. Skills Practice page 5, # 14,16,18, 4 problems in math notebook, quiz on Friday
Homework #28- Study For Quiz (Comparing and ordering fractions, multiplying and dividing by powers of ten, equivalent fractions and decimals)
Homework #29- Due Tues Oct 26th - In a paragraph explain how to change a decimal to a fraction and a fraction to a decimal. Give 5 examples of each. Also, get notebook and dictionary check sheet signed.
Homework #30- Due Wed October 27th- Study Guide Intervention Booklet, page 6, #1-18, Get your decimal quiz signed.
Homework #31- Due Thursday October 28th- Skills Practice Page 6 #1-6, and 11-16 Quiz Friday
Homework#32- Study for a decimal to fraction and fraction to decimal quiz on Monday. Create a test with ten questions and an answer key for tommorrow.
Homework #33- Study for a re-take quiz...Half day notice due...Young Ambassadors Form Due...Have a Nice Halloween/ Be Safe!