Franklin the Republican
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
~ Benjamin Franklin, 1783
- Franklin was the gifted protege of Cotton Mather, a remarkable republican leader
- In Philadelphia, Franklins work at a print shop provided a cover for his policial activities
- Franklin served as a crucial link between the republican citizens of New England and the republican leaders in Virginia
- He visited London with intelligence tasks to garner support against the corrupt Hell-Fire clubs
- Franklin later lived in England as a diplomatic representative of Massachusetts