Unit 2: Energy Flow and Nutrient Cycle
- S7CS2, S7CS3, S7CS5, S7CS6, S7CS9, S7CS10
- S7L4.a, S7L4.b, S7L4.c, S7L4.d, S7L4.e
Chapter 2-Living Things
Section 2: Classifying Organisms
- Explain why biologists classify organisms.
- Relate the levels of classification to the relationships btween organisms.
- List characteristics used to classify orgnaisms into groups, including domains and kingdoms.
Chapter 21- Ecosystems and Biomes
Section 1: Energy Flow in Ecosystems
- Name and describe the energy roles that organisms play in an ecosystem.
- Explain how energy moves through an ecosystem.
- Describe how much energy is available at each level of an energy pyramid.
Section 2: Cycles Of Matter
- Name and describe the processes involved in the water cycle.
- Explain how carbon and oxygen are recycled in ecosystems.
- Define and describe the nitrogen cycle.
Section 4: Biomes and Aquatic Ecosystems
- Name the six major biomes found on Earth.
- Name and describe the factors that determine the type of biome found in an area.
- Name and describe the two major types of aquatic ecosystems.