Chapter 20 Section 1 Vocabulary
1. Organism: A living Thing
2. Habitat: An environment that provides the things the organism needs to live, grow, and reproduce.
3. Biotic Factors: The living parts of a habitat
4. Abiotic Factors: The non living parts of a habitat
5. Photosynthesis: The process in which some organisms use water along with sunlight and carbon dioxide to make their own food.
6. Species: A group of organisms that are physically similar and can mate with each other and produce offspring that can also mate and reproduce.
7. Population: All the members of one species in a particular area.
8. Community: All the different populations that live together in an area.
9. Ecosystem: The community of organisms that live a particular area, along with their nonliving surroundings.
10. Ecology: The study of how living things interact with each other and with their environment.