Design your own paper city
Make your own ice cream on a h0t day!
- All the directions here Science Bob's website with a lot of other experiments you can try!
EARTH DAY- April 22, 2020
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS !
When you want to go somewhere but you have to stay where you are... read a book! Or, take a virtual field trip!!
- NEW link! ... See all the live animal galleries at the St. Louis Aquarium!
- (see if you can find the Spotted Eagle Ray...SO COOL!)
- NEW link! ... Ichickens! See a family EGG FARM up close.
- NEW link! ... Students compete building a crash test car! STEAM LAB
- Dry Tortugas National Park in Florida... pretty cool to go on a scuba dive and see the coral reef up close!
- The National Gallery, London... Walk through this art gallery and see masterpieces in London, England.
- Tour an APPLE ORCHARD and see the whole process of how apples are grown.
Get the kids moving
- Free printables for a Earth Day and nature walk... Earth Day
- Have a dance party!
- Jump and jack contest -
- See who can do the most!
Some of our favorite BOOKS!!!
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- He has new episodes every day, but you can catch up on them all!
- He is doing new ones every day.
- He shows how to draw some of our favorite characters!
- Hear books read out loud at save with stories
- Listen to books online (free while schools are closed): audible stories
- Actor Josh Gad (Olaf from the Frozen movies) is doing a nightly read aloud.
- 12 art lessons for kids on youtube youtube art lessons
- playdough recipe:
- Hummingbirds are migrating near YOU! Find out when: hummingbirds
- Even make your own feeder to attract them to your yard: DIY hummingbird feeders
- Animal webcams (and watch Northern Lights live): explore.org live webcams
- Zoos and Aquariums are showing live animal cams while we are all at home.
- Learn about Ecosystems and Food Chains at Reef Relief.
- Author of Pete the Cat books will write you back if you write him a letter! How GROOVY is that?!
- Funny videos for writing prompts
- Draw a bunny then write about it. HOW TO DRAW A BUNNY
- We use lalilo in class for phonics practice at their own pace. For use at home each child has their own link. I would be glad to email it to you if you want it. Just email me to let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
- BrainPopJr. has phonics along with ALL subjects including math objectives.