A leader will be assigned for each class. Reviewing the weekdays and months, dressing the weather bear according to the forecast, presenting a show 'n' tell, and taking responsibility for routine classroom jobs will be the leader's jobs. To see when your child is the leader check out our website under Themes/Leaders and Schedule at a Glance Show-n-Tell. This is where you will also find the Show and Tell theme for the month.
Parents are asked to donate snacks throughout the year as needed. When our pantry gets low, a request for snacks will be posted. We can only accept pre-packaged, unopened food items. Please make sure the ingredients are listed. We can not accept homemade foods. Some suggestions are ~ popcorn, Jello, pretzels, cheese & crackers, graham crackers, cereal & milk, yogurt, mini sliced apples with dip, frozen EGGO waffles & syrup, individual pre-packaged apple juice, milk, small-sized water bottles, or Kool-Aid.
- Send a large, old shirt or an apron with your child’s name on it to be kept in your child's bookbag. (please check to see when your child’s paint shirt may need laundering)
- Please dress your child appropriately for class > play clothes are recommended (we are very busy and sometimes get messy) and play shoes (tie shoes, flip-flops, and open-backed shoes are not allowed for safety reasons).
- Do not send any personal items to class with your child.
- Please make sure you have completed and returned the “Child Information Form” to the teacher and update as needed.
- Make sure you sign up for Remind when invited so you can receive the latest classroom updates.
There will be seasonal celebrations and parties around the holidays. Treats and donations of any supplies such as napkins, cups, paper plates, plastic utensils, etc. are welcome! Only the participants of the program are permitted to take part in these special events due to COVID mandates. (this may change)
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Closings, delays, and early dismissals due to weather conditions will be determined according to Kiski Area School District’s decision. * A 2-hour delay from Kiski will not affect our class schedules.
*Kindergarten Explorers, Mon/Wed/Fri > 9:00 am ~ 3:00 pm
*KinderClub Explorers, Tues/Thurs > 11:30 am ~ 2:30 pm
*WEE Explore! Tues/Thurs > 9:00 am ~ 10:30 pm
Because of COVID please notify the teacher via email or Remind if your child will not be attending classes.
GUIDELINES TO HELP DETERMINE WHEN TO KEEP A CHILD HOME:
Excessive runny nose or persistent cough
Fever - child should be fever-free (WITHOUT fever-reducing medications) for 24 hours before returning to class
Pinkish, watery, or mattered-filled eyes
Body aches, joint pain
Multiple cold symptoms
Fatigue/lack of sleep the night before class
Suspected communicable or infectious diseases
Child has been exposed to someone with COVID 19
The teachers are not permitted to administer any type of medication without a written prescription from the child's PCP.
A “time out” period will be used to help children control behavior that may result in hurting themselves, hurting others, or the destruction of property. Redirection will also be used to help guide behavior before it becomes an issue.
There is a Guarded Dismissal. Please notify the teacher or the office if someone different will be picking up your child that is not on your Child Information Form.
METHODS OF COMMUNICATION
- Website: yexplorers.educatorpages.com (do not enter www.)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Explorersrers’ Newsletter – published on our website